Network of researchers, policy makers and employers
The Affinity Health at Work Research Consortium is a network of researchers, policy makers and employers who come together to improve the health and wellbeing of employees; and support organisations in their efforts to do so.
Established in 2005, the Research Consortium is chaired by Dr Rachel Lewis and Dr Jo Yarker, Managing Partners of Affinity Health at Work.
Together we are strengthening the evidence base in work, health and wellbeing
- Developing new knowledge by conducting research in collaboration with our consortium members
- Sharing evidence, knowledge and best practice
- Bring together multi-disciplinary perspectives to prevent ill-health and promote and support health and wellbeing at work.
Research Consortium members set the research agenda for the coming year, ensuring that research addresses the priority concerns facing businesses and policy makers.
Accomplishments of the Research Consortium
Through the Research Consortium, Affinity Health at Work have conducted ground-breaking and multi-award-winning research relating to workplace health, wellbeing and engagement.
- The management competencies for preventing and reducing work stress which are used to drive management development across sectors globally.
- The development of the Work, health and wellbeing evidence hub, a practitioner-focused resource that gives access to evidence-based materials, information, guidance and tools aimed at enhancing employee health, wellbeing and engagement.
- An exploration of the impact the COVID-19 pandemic on employee's health and wellbeing and what can be learned from it, published by IOSH.
Benefits for members include:
- Quarterly masterclasses that provide both academic and practitioner speakers - three people from your organisation can attend each masterclass
- Opportunity to network and share leading practice with likeminded professionals and key decision makers
- Potential to participate in and partner on priority research in work, health and wellbeing and co-brand reports and materials
- Early and immediate access to new research and evidence, including resource packs that collate the latest policy, evidence and guidance from across the field
- Opportunity to tailor research and guidance for your organisation
If you would like to join the Research Consortium or learn more about what we do, we would love to hear from you!